Duality. Creating illusions of form by exploring the idea of shadow mapping and paneling. Using positive and negative space to evoke the notion of a neo-noir heroine with a strength that belies her innate vulnerability.
Tromp l’oeil and Illusion
- the play of layering techniques to alter proportion
- seam and dart details used to suggest a collar or an accentuated waist line
- garment on garment tromp l’oeil creating a whimsical graphic effect
Contrast and Duality
- the use of positive and negative space
- black and white paneling to create shadow and light
- the use of colour and line to alter form
- highlighting components of the garment to streamline and change shape
Antique white brings light to the collection alongside nude, ozone, and blush. Dark but tinted shades of aubergine, fig, bordeaux, and midnight create contrast and depth. Venom and teal are used as bright accents.
Houndstooth provides the main graphic motif worked as a print, devore, and as an interrupted hounds tooth jacquard.